Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Last Song Syndrome: Mo Thugs Family - "All Good" (1998)

Now here's a cool track. While I was going through my music files, I just discovered an alternate, more laid-back mix of the Mo Thugs 1998 hit, "All Good", which featured Krayzie Bone (of Bone Thugs N Harmony) and Felecia Lindsey-Howse on vocals.

I just realized that I hardly knew the lyrics and all I was singing to was the "It's all G-double O-D, good for me..." part. Which was pathetic.

So I thought I'd do everyone a favor and provide a copy of the lyrics right here, just so we can get it right when we feel like groovin' to this song- which I am right now.

The vid right here features the regular, radio-played version. The alternate, laid-back version will be played on my station, of course.

In the meantime, here they are: Mo Thugs featuring Krayzie Bone and Felecia Lindsey-Howse with "All Good".

Mo Thugs featuring Krayzie Bone
and Felecia Lindsey-Howse
"All Good" 1997

Krayzie:
Mo, Mo, Mo, Mo, Mo . . .
Mo Thug, Mo Thug, Mo Thug, and we are Mo Thugs, Mo Thugs, Mo Thugs.

Felecia:
It's all good. My lovin's all good.

Felecia:
Lately, you've been stressin' me about when I'm a give you some
Callin' me, jockin' me, sweatin' me, gonna rush me none,
'Coz when the time is right I'm gonna let you know, and that's for sure
So wait on me patiently and see what I got in store, 'coz

I'm gonna represent to the fullest, I'll be there
And I promise you no regrets
Just put your trust in me, and baby,
I promise this shit is legit (legit, legit, legit . . )

Felecia:
It's all good. My lovin' is, my lovin' is, all good, all good, all good...
You know it's all good, all good, all good...

Krayzie:
Yep, yep, yep. It's all G-double O-D, good, good, good...
Yep, yep, yep. It's all G-double O-D, good with me, with me, with me...





Felecia:
If I told you once, then I told you twice- you gotta get to know me
There's more to a relationship then jumpin' in the sheets
And if that's all you want, then you better go, 'coz that ain't me
I don't give my love to just anybody.

If I'm not correct, then prove me wrong, and just hold on
Gradually, you will see, just how good it'll be
When the time is right, I'll ease your mind with a little bump and grind
Fantasies full of ecstasy: we'll have a real good time.

Felecia:
It's all good. My lovin' is, my lovin' is, all good, all good, all good...
You know it's all good, all good, all good...

Krayzie:
Yep, yep, yep. It's all G-double O-D, good, good, good...
Yep, yep, yep. It's all G-double O-D, good with me, with me, with me...

Krayzie:
Since it's all good, baby, we can get it on- hey, you wanna ride?
Krayzie Bone. Come and jump in the Benz and tell your friends you will get with them later.
Come and let me take ya- got a couple things I wanna show ya.
I'm really tryin' to know ya- I'm just curious: is it really all good? You serious?
(I'm serious. ..)

If it is, then I gotta jump on it, ride it- ghetto cowboy.
Surprise, you thought I was quiet- I never was shy, baby, niggas just act like that.
Lay back, but don't let that fool ya, rule ya.
Really give that the nigga the bag, 'cause we won't have time to talk.
I've been peepin' for a minute now (Yep, yep, yep . . .),
And I know just where I'ma start.

Let me listen to your heartbeat. Boomp, boomp,
Racin' into the situation.
Is it gettin' kind of hot in here? Naw, that's you.
Temperature's risin', so am I.

Felecia:
It's all good. My lovin' is, my lovin' is, all good, all good, all good...
You know it's all good, all good, all good...

Krayzie:
Yep, yep, yep. It's all G-double O-D, good, good, good...
Yep, yep, yep. It's all G-double O-D, good with me, with me, with me...

Can't get that song out of your head? Then check out more of Renzie's Last Song Syndrome Project, the only blog service dedicated to getting that persistent tune out of your system- by giving you lots more of it!

Cheers, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment