Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Last Song Syndrome: Annie Lennox - "No More I Love You's" (1995)

I was sorting out some songs at the station earlier on, and my player had this particular song on. I vividly remember way back in 1995 when we first played this song on 99.5RT- it was the same week when we introduced three other songs I fell in love with when I first heard them: Sophie B. Hawkins' "As I Lay Me Down", Samples' "Weight of the World", and Jun Lopito's "Pure Souls".

I've always been a huge Annie Lennox fans, especially during her days with The Eurythmics. She also had some very interesting solo projects, including this one- "No More I Love You's".

While there is a freakish quality to the video- including a rather vampire-esque Annie Lennox- it did leave a very lasting impression. Nevertheless, I'd say the imagery fits the song quite well.

Totally adore the song.

So I hope you guys enjoy this one as well: "No More I Love You's" by Annie Lennox.

Annie Lennox
"No More I Love You's" (1995)

I used to be lunatic from the gracious days
I used to be woebegone and so restless nights
My aching heart would bleed for you to see
Oh but now...
(I don't find myself bouncing round whistling
and fortunes to make me cry)

No more "I love you's"
The language is leaving me
No more "I love you's"
Changes are shifting outside the word
(The lover speaks about the monsters)





I used to have demons in my room at night
Desire, despair, desire, so many monsters
Oh but now...
(I don't find myself bouncing round whistling
and fortunes to make me cry)

No more "I love you's"
The language is leaving me
No more "I love you's"
The language is leaving me in silence
No more "I love you's"
Changes are shifting outside the word

They were being really crazy They were on the come. And you know what mammy? Everybody was being really crazy. Uh huh. The monsters are crazy. There are monsters outsides.
No more "I love you's"
The language is leaving me
No more "I love you's"
The language is leaving me in silence
No more "I love you's"
Changes are shifting outside the word

Outside the word.

Can't get that song out of your head? Then check out more of Renzie's Last Song Syndrome Project, the only blog service dedicated to getting that persistent tune out of your system- by giving you lots more of it!

Cheers, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment