Friday, April 18, 2008

Much More Music: Jude Cole - Baby, It's Tonight (1990)

I was tidying up the house to some great oldies I burned on a CD- and this one really brought back memories of some good times.

"Baby, It's Tonight" was a hit from Jude Cole back in 1990. And we played this song a lot back at the old radio station, 99.5 RT. That was probably his most memorable song. Years later, though, he'd move on to do more session work, production, singing and songwriting with the likes of Jewel and Beth Orton.

Now, he manages the rock band Lifehouse- same guys who did "Hanging By A Moment", "Take Me Away" and "You and Me".

Other useless bits of info: Jude Cole is married to Michelle Pfeiffer's sister, Lori (since '93!). Kiefer Sutherland is not only one of his closest buds- they also co-own a recording studio called Ironworks.

In any case, here's some of Jude Cole for you- "Baby, It's Tonight". And you can check out the vid right here, along with some lyrics and chords if you feel like playing along. Enjoy!


Jude Cole
"Baby, It's Tonight" (1990)

Chords & tab pattern by Rick Andrews and Kevin Ross. Updated by Chris Nastally. YouTube video by Vaquero1977. Thanks, guys!

INTRO

e---------------|--------------------------
B---------------|--------------------------
G---7----7--7---|--------------------------
D---4h5--4--0---|---9-9-9-9--9-7-9-7-------
A---------------|---7-7-7-7--7-7-7-7-------
E---------------|---0-0-0-0--0-0-0-0-------
| etc.
plucked w/
pick & middle finger

Figure 1 No chord…………1) 0xx22x
2) 0xx44x
3) 0xx45x

Play Figure 1 until otherwise noted

Won’t you pick up the phone
‘Cause I know that you’re home
Too many words have not been said
For us to be living alone

(x07650)…(x05430) (x0523x)….(x04230)
Now all of the fighting and all of the tears
(Figure 1)
They don’t matter now

F#m
Another night falls dark and lonely
A /B /C# /D#
You’re the only one that I can turn to

CHORUS:
E D A
If I ever needed your arms to hold me
(Figure 1)
Baby it’s tonight
E D A
And if I ever needed your eyes to heal me
(Figure 1)
Baby it’s tonight




So come hold me close
And show me that you still care
Let’s take it to where it all began
And start again from there
(x5503x)...(x5403x)
‘Cause there’s no way out
(Figure 1)
As far as I can tell

I’m walking in a world of strangers
You’re the only one who really knows me

CHORUS 2x

C D E
C D E
Oh won’t you please, please pick up the phone, yeah

C D E (Figure 1)
C D E
Don’t leave me to face this world all alone……take some time

CHORUS OUT


You may want to visit Jude Cole's official website here, or his entry on Wikipedia.

Check out more of the Much More Music Project- this blog's attempt to put together my personal views on favorite songs, along with lyrics to sing by, an embedded music video
from YouTube, and even guitar chords, if you feel like playing along with it.

Cheers, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment