Friday, April 18, 2008

Last Song Syndrome: Christine McVie - "Got A Hold On Me" (1984)

Another one of my most favorite songs is Christine McVie's "Got A Hold On Me", which came out in 1984.

In case you didn't know, Christine McVie is one of the creative forces behind one of the best bands ever- Fleetwood Mac. Right up there with Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. We'll discuss the band's material on another bunch of entries.

Christine joined Fleetwood Mac in 1970, shortly after marrying John. Since then, she'd been writing some of the bands' biggest hits including "You Make Loving Fun", "Don't Stop", "Hold Me" and "Little Lies".

In any case, "Got A Hold On Me" has always been a staple on my player even to this day. In my opinion, it's one of the best songs ever made.

So I hope you enjoy this one. Found a video on YouTube, but the audio seems to be a little low. Also got some lyrics for you to sing along if you feel like it. Cheers!


Christine McVie
"Got A Hold On Me" (1984)

You're liftin' me up
Never let me down
And I smile
Whenever you're around
Ooh, and I've got a feeling
It'll work out right
Can't stop thinking about you
Every day and night

Ooooh, I got a love (I got somebody)
This love (got a hold on me)
Yeah, I got a love (I got somebody)
This love (got a hold on me)



Well, I've been in love
And I've lost
I can count the tears
But I can't count the cost
Ooooh, I've been down
I've been used
Now I know, I know, I know
That I just can't lose

Ooh, I got a love (I got somebody)
This love (got a hold on me)
Ooooh, I got a love (I got somebody)
This love (got a hold on me)
Yeah, I got a love (I got somebody)
This love (got a hold on me)
Ooooh, I got a love (I got somebody)
This love (got a hold on me)

(Instrumental Interlude)

Yeah, I got a love (I got somebody)
This love (got a hold on me)
Ooooh, I got a love (I got somebody)
This love (got a hold on me)
I got a love (I got somebody)
This love (got a hold on me)
I got a love (I got somebody)
This love (got a hold on me)
Ooooh, I got a love (I got somebody)
This love (got a hold on me)
I got a love (I got somebody)
This love (got a hold on me)


Can't get that song out of your head? Then check out more of Renzie's Last Song Syndrome Project, the only blog service dedicated to getting that persistent tune out of your system- by giving you lots more of it!

Cheers, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment