Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Chicks In Music: Rihanna

Oh how I love Rihanna.

Rihanna first grabbed my attention back in 2006, with her single "SOS". It was catchy and upbeat- I had a music sampler one of the recording companies gave me at the time, and I found out that she had an earlier release (from her very first album) "Pon de Replay"- and also loved the song.

It wasn't long until my girlfriend asked me to make her ringtones of those two songs- which I did.

Her album "A Girl Like Me" yielded three more radio-friendly hits: "We Ride", "Break It Off" (featuring Sean Paul) and "Unfaithful".

Probably her biggest album so far was the 2007 release, "Good Girl Gone Bad". The album sold a whole shitload of units, downloaded like crazy, and earned Rihanna a slew of nominations and awards. You know the hit songs: the dance anthem "Don't Stop The Music", "Shut Up and Drive", the duet with Ne-Yo "Hate That I Love You", and probably the biggest summer song of that year, "Umbrella" with Jay-Z.

True story: I was actually writing for a pet supplies distribution company at the time "Umbrella" came out. Part of my job was researching and coming up with pet-related articles, so I decided to write one up about Rihanna and her pet Pomeranian, "Marley".

She's supposed to be coming out with another album soon enough, but in the meantime, here's a video I snagged from AoL Music- "Hate That I Love You" featuring a smoking-hot Rihanna, and the incredibly talented Ne-Yo. Enjoy.



What I'm Listening To From Rihanna Now.

Aside from "Hate That I Love You"? Her songs "Umbrella", "Shut Up and Drive", "Cry", "Pon De Replay", "SOS" and "We Ride" are regulars on my mp3 player.

Wanna check out more Rihanna? Visit the official Rihanna website here, check out her Wikipedia entry, or even add her up as a friend on MySpace.


Chicks In Music is a regular feature on My Thoughts In Stereo. We pay tribute to the hottest ladies in the music industry- with updates, trivia, video clips and links to their websites and social media. Checking out your favorite females in rock, pop and R&B online has never been so gratifying- Chicks in Music!

No comments:

Post a Comment