Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Dr. Horrible Sing-Along Blog Songbook, Part 1 of 3

As you probably may have read on another blog of mine, my player has recently been cranking out tunes from the internet phenomenon "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog".

I know the free viewing on the official website is over- which was why I downloaded my own copies of all three acts on iTunes- so I could watch and listen to it over and over again. Absolutely brilliant!

Heck, Joss Whedon and the crew he put together is surely deserving of a few bucks of our support, right? So download them from iTunes now :D

In the meantime, while you enjoy the brilliant internet musical masterpiece that is Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, I've put together some lyrics for us all to actually sing-along with. On our blogs, no less!

So, welcome to Part 1 of 3 of The Dr. Horrible Sing-Along Blog Songbook- a special feature on My Thoughts In Stereo. This post featuring the songs from Act 1:
  • "My Freeze Ray",
  • "Bad Horse (The Application)",
  • "Penny's Song", and
  • "What a Man's Gotta Do"
Cue your players, and start singing. Enjoy!

Dr. Horrible
"My Freeze Ray"

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Act I

Here's one from deadnotsleeping: "...long-time watcher, first time writing... blah, blah, blah, blah...you're always saying on your blog, 'you'll show her the way', 'show her you're a true villain'. Who is 'her'? And... does she even know that... you're..."

Laundry day. See you there.
Under-things tumbling.
Wanna say, "Love your Hair".
Here I go mumbling.

With my Freeze Ray I will stop-
The world
With my Freeze Ray I will find the time
To find the words to-

Tell you how, how you make,
make me feel- what’s the phrase?
Like a fool, kinda sick,
Special needs, anyways...

With my Freeze Ray I will stop-
The pain
It’s not a Death Ray or an Ice Beam
That’s all Johnny Snow
I just think you need time to know

That I’m the guy to make it real,
The feelings you don’t dare to feel
I’ll bend the world to our will
And we’ll make time stand still

That’s the plan. Rule the world.
You and me. Any day.
Love your hair.
(Penny) "What?"

(Dr. Horrible) "No, I… I, uh… Love the air"
Anyway...

With my Freeze Ray I will stop–


Bad Horse Chorus
"Bad Horse (The Application)"
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Act I


Dr. Horrible: Oh my God *tears envelope*
Moist: Is that from the league?
Dr. Horrible: It's from HIM, that's his seal, isn't it?
Moist: Er, leader? Oh my God...
Dr. Horrible: I got a letter from Bad Horse.
Moist: That's so hardcore... Bad Horse is legend,
he rules the league with an iron hoof- are you sure you want to...


Bad Horse, Bad Horse.
Bad Horse, Bad Horse.

He rides across the nation
The thoroughbred of sin
He got the application
That you just sent in

It needs evaluation
So let the games begin
A heinous crime, a show of force
A murder would be nice, of course

Bad Horse, Bad Horse.
Bad Horse, he’s bad!

The Evil League of Evil
Is watching so beware
The grade that you receive
Will be your last we swear

So make the Bad Horse gleeful
Or he’ll make you his mare...
You’re saddled up
There’s no recourse
It’s- Hi-Ho Silver! -signed, Bad Horse


Penny
"Penny's Song"

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Act I


Will you lend a caring hand,
To shelter those who need it?

Only have to sign your name,
Don’t even have to read it.

Would you help...? No?
How about you?


Dr. Horrible, Captain Hammer and Penny
"What a Man's Gotta Do"
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Act I

(Dr. Horrible)
A man’s gotta do
What a man’s gotta do
Don’t plan the plan
If you can’t follow through

All that matter's
Taking matters into your own hands
Soon I’ll control everything
My wish is your comma-

(Captain Hammer)
Stand back, everyone,
Nothin here to see
Just imminent danger
In the middle of it, me

Yes, Captain Hammer’s here
Hair blowing in the breeze
The day needs my saving expertise...

A man’s gotta do
what a man’s gotta do
Seems destiny ends with me saving you
The only doom that’s looming is you loving me to death
So I’ll give you a sec to catch your breath

Dr. Horrible: You idiot!
Captain Hammer: Dr. Horrible, I should have known you were behind this.
Dr. Horrible: You almost killed her-
Captain Hammer: I remember differently
Dr. Horrible: Is she- *nngng*
*Captain Hammer grabs Dr. Horrible by the throat*
Captain Hammer: It's curtains for you, Dr. Horrible. Lacy, gently wafting curtains.
Dr. Horrible: *Glurk*?

(Penny)
Thank you Hammer-man,
I don’t think I can
Explain how important it was
That you stopped the van

I would be splattered
I’d be crushed into debris
Thank you sir, for saving me

(Everyone)
Captain Hammer: Don’t worry about it- A man’s gotta do
what a man’s gotta do
Penny: You came from above...
Dr. Horrible: Are you kidding?!

Captain Hammer: Seems destiny ends with me saving you
Penny: I wonder what you’re captain of?
Dr. Horrible: What heist were you watching? Stop looking at her like that!

Captain Hammer: When you’re the best, you can’t rest, what’s the use?
Penny: My heart is beating like a drum...
Dr. Horrible: Did you notice that he threw you in the garbage?

Captain Hammer: If ass needs kicking, some ticking bomb to defuse...
Penny: Must…. Must be in shock
Dr. Horrible: I stopped the van… The remote control was in my hand

Captain Hammer: The only doom that’s looming is you loving me to death
Penny: ...assuming I’m not loving you to death...
Dr. Horrible: What…ever!

Captain Hammer: So please give me a sec to catch my breath.
Penny: ...please give me a sec to catch my breath.
Dr. Horrible: Balls!

"Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" was directed by Joss Whedon. Written by Joss, with brothers Jed and Zack, along with Maurissa Tancharoen. Music by both Joss and Jed. Lyrics by Joss, Jed and Maurissa. Stars Neil Patrick Harris as Dr. Horrible, Nathan Fillion as Captain Hammer, and Felicia Day as Penny.

Sing along to your other favorite Dr. Horrible songs by checking out parts 1 and 3 of my Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Songbook, right here on my own blog (which you can really, now sing along to as well...), My Thoughts In Stereo.

Check out Part 2 of the Dr. Horrible Sing-Along Blog Songbook here, featuring the songs
  • "On The Rise",
  • "Bad Horse (The Phone Call)",
  • "Keep Your Head Up", and
  • "Brand New Day"
Check out Part 3 of the Dr. Horrible Sing-Along Blog Songbook here, featuring the songs
  • "So They Say"
  • "Everyone's A Hero"
  • "Slipping" and
  • "Finale/ Brand New Day (reprise)"
Again: don't forget to check out the official Dr. Horrible website, and show your support by downloading your own copy from iTunes.

Cheers, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment