Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chicks In Music: Carrie Underwood

In a recent news bit on AoL Music, American Idol Carrie Underwood tells Cosmopolitan: "I don't consider myself sexy ... I'm kind of a nervous person in general. I'm socially awkward. I'm not tall and sensuous. I usually wear sweats everywhere I go. Oh, and I burp a lot,"

Now ain't that cute? All the more reason for us to give props to Miss Underwood, and even more reason to include her here, on this blog's tribute to the finest ladies in the industry- Chicks In Music!

Stuff you probably listened to from Carrie Underwood: "Jesus Take the Wheel", from her debut album Some Hearts, and straight out of her American Idol victory. From that same album you also had "Wasted", and probably her biggest hit yet, "Before He Cheats".

She also had that charity single, "I'll Stand By You" and her version of the Christmas classic "Do You Hear What I Hear?".

Her second album, Carnival Ride, was released late last year, and has thus far, spawned three hits- "So Small", "All-American Girl" and "Last Name"- that song she performed on the American Idol Season 7 finale.

So it's only been three years since Carrie bagged the American Idol, and you can see that she's a bon afide superstar- with three Grammys to her credit, millions of albums sold, and a solid career as a singer/songwriter.

Most of her fans love her because she's so innocent and wholesome- but as you can see on her performance on the results show of the American Idol Season 7 finale, she's definitely all woman- slinky, sassy, and a truly a joy to watch. Video courtesy of louisejenny84 on YouTube. Enjoy!



What I'm Listening To From Carrie Underwood Now

Definitely "Last Name"- it's been in my player since I saw her perform the song on American Idol. "Before He Cheats" seems to be a staple at many karaoke joints- and is apparently a great song with women on alcohol :)

Check out Carrie Underwood on her Wikipedia entry, or visit her official website here.

Cheers, everyone.

Chicks In Music is a regular feature on My Thoughts In Stereo. We pay tribute to the hottest ladies in the music industry- with updates, trivia, video clips and links to their websites and social media. Checking out your favorite females in rock, pop and R&B online has never been so gratifying- Chicks in Music!

No comments:

Post a Comment