Monday, March 16, 2009

The Fray - "Look After You" (2007)

Last Song Syndrome with Renzie Baluyut.

If only my old piano teacher had taught me more contemporary songs than some of the
old crap she pulled out her dusty piano seat, I might have actually learned something I wanted to play.

Music from The Fray is music that inspires you to learn to play piano, if you ask me. I remember a much younger cousin of mine jamming on the ivory keys at a family reunion last year, and she could play a mean "How To Save a Life".

Anyway, mental note to self- get a piano, learn some of The Fray. Here's one of my favorites from 2007. The adult alternative classic "Look After You", from one of the band's two channels on YouTube.

Enjoy!



"Look After You" (2007)
The Fray

If I don't say this now, I will surely break
As I'm leaving the one, I want to take.
Forget the urgency, but hurry up and wait.
My heart has started to turn and separate.

Oh oh, oh oh, be my baby, oh oh
Oh oh, oh oh, be my baby,
I'll look after you.

There now, steady love.
So few come and don't go.
Will you, won't you be the one I always know?
When I'm losing my control,
The city spins around
You're the only one who knows,
You slow it down.

Oh oh, oh oh, be my baby, oh oh
Oh oh, oh oh, be my baby,
I'll look after you.
And I'll look after you.

If ever there was a doubt
My love, she leans into me.
This most assuredly counts
She says most assuredly.

Oh oh, oh oh, be my baby,
I'll look after you.
After you.
Oh oh, oh oh, be my baby, oh oh
It's always have and never hold.
You've begun to feel like home.
What's mine is yours to leave or take.
What's mine is yours to make your own.
Oh oh, oh oh, be my baby, oh oh
Oh oh, oh oh, be my baby, oh oh
Oh oh, oh oh, be my baby, oh oh
Oh oh, oh oh, be my baby, oh oh


Can't get that song out of your head? Then check out more of Renzie's Last Song Syndrome Project, the only blog service dedicated to getting that persistent tune out of your system- by giving you lots more of it!

Cheers, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment