Monday, August 18, 2008

Damn These International Licensing Issues

"We're sorry, but this video is unavailable in your country."

Reviewing bits of this particular blog of mine, "My Thoughts In Stereo: Renzie on Music", has revealed a truly annoying trend. As you all know, I have a number of blog posts which incorporates video- so thanks to other music fans all over the world posting their favorites on video-sharing services such as YouTube, AoL Music and other sites, this is all very much possible.

Lately, however, and more particularly on some of my posts I've written while I was in Los Angeles, I've noticed that I couldn't play back some of my embedded videos- mostly due to restraints on certain pieces which cannot be played outside the United States.

So anyway, here I am trying to make my blog more world-friendly, fixing whatever broken links I find, or trying to find alternate links or sites to videos that can, apparently, only be played in the US.

If you've been reading through my blog, and for some reason, come across some video that can't be played or follow a link that can't get you what you want- please do let me know. I realize I may have quite a bit of work going on then.

Cheers, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment