Saturday, January 19, 2008

Guess Who This Guy Is Playing "Lovestoned / I Think That She Knows"

Okay, I was checking out YouTube just a while back, and went on to the 'Most Liked' videos of the week, right? And I check out this clip right here- watch it a bit.



Now, you pop-fans will most likely recognize that as the interlude on Justin' Timberlake's massive radio hit, "LoveStoned/I Think That She Knows". Again, nothing too out-of-the-ordinary, other than the fact that the dude playing the interlude had it pretty much spot-on, and manages to improvise a little bit.

So I go ahead and check out the comments, coz I'd like to leave some, give the guy his props. And then I realize, based on the comments- the dude playing on the clip is John Mayer!

How kickass is that? Apparently, the video clip is hosted on his Youtube account, where he goes by the nick "Mayermusic". He even left a nice note about the video clip:
Heard this in the car today, wanted to try it out... Collings I-35 through a Roland Space Echo pedal, Cornish NG-2 Fuzz and Fender '64 Vibroverb... Looped through a Boomerang pedal.
What a guy, huh? See, I already like John Mayer, but it's little things like these that make me more of a fan. Keep it up, John. More power.

Check out the official John Mayer website here. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment